* Please follow these instructions if you are having trouble downloading from the Google Play Store.
Reboot your phone. Clear the cache and data.
# Smart Switch allows you to transfer your contacts, music and photos to your Galaxy device. Smart Switch(tm), which allows you to search for your favorite apps and suggest similar ones via Google Play(tm).
# Who can transfer?
* Android(tm) owners
– Wireless transfer: Android 4.0 or higher
– Wireless transfers between a compatible Android phone and a Galaxy device: Android 4.0 or higher. (Note: Galaxy devices can only be connected to non-Samsung Android devices with Android versions below 6.0.
– Wired transfer: Android version 4.3 or higher, charger cable and a USB connector
* iOS(tm), iPhone owners: Choose the best option for you
– Wired transfer of your iOS device from your Galaxy: iOS 5 or higher, iOS 30 pin cable and an iOS device cable
– Import from iCloud ™: iOS 4.2.1 and higher, Apple ID
– PC/Mac transfer using iTunes(tm): Smart Switch PC/Mac software – Get started http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
* Windows(tm) Mobile owners
– Wireless transfers with Windows OS 10
* Note: For more information and step-by-step directions, go to http://www.samsung.com/smartswitch
# What can you transfer?
– Contacts, calendar (Device content only), photos, music (DRM-free content only, Not supported by iCloud), video (DRM-free content only), call logs and memos, alarms Wi-Fi, wallpapers. documents, app data (Galaxy only), home layouts
Upgrading to M OS (Galaxy S6 and higher) on your Galaxy device will allow you to send app data or home layouts.
# What devices are supported?
* Galaxy: Recent Galaxy tablets and mobile devices (From Galaxy S2)
*Note: Galaxy S2 can be incompatible with older OS versions (GB/ICS). Please update firmware if your S2 is not working properly.
* Other Android devices
– HTC, LG, Sony, Huawei, Lenovo, Motorola, PANTECH, Panasonic, Kyocera, NEC, SHARP, Fujitsu, Xiaomi, Vivo, OPPO, Coolpad(DazenF2), RIM(Priv), YotaPhone, ZTE(Nubia Z9), Gionee, LAVA, MyPhone(My28s), Cherry Mobile, Google(Pixel/Pixel2)
*Note: Smart Switch may not work on all devices due to compatibility issues.
1. Both devices must have at least 500 MB of free internal memory in order to transfer data.
2. To transfer content from a wired connection to your device, you must have a ‘Transferring Media Files (MTP),’ USB option.
3. If your non-Samsung device is constantly disconnected from the wireless network and you need to go to Advanced Wi-Fi, then turn off the “Wi-Fi initialize” and “Disconnect low Wi-Fi Signal” options and try again.
(Depending on the OS version and device manufacturer, some options may not be possible.
* Permissions for application
These permissions are required to use the app service.
[Required permissions required ]
. Phone: To confirm your number
. Call logs: Used for transferring call log data
. Contacts: Useful for transferring contacts data
. Calendar: This is used to transfer calendar data
. SMS: Useful for transferring SMS data
. Storage: This is used to store files that are required for data transfer
. Microphone: This microphone is used to make high-frequency audio while searching for Galaxy devices.
. Bluetooth: This is used to locate nearby Galaxy devices via Bluetooth.
. Location: This is used to connect to Wi-Fi Direct devices, which makes you available to nearby devices.
To configure App permissions, please upgrade your system software version to Android 6.0.
After a software update, permissions that were previously granted can be reset via the Apps menu.