Poweramp is an Android music player that’s powerful.
Poweramp v3 is an important update that focuses on the new Audio engine and UI as well as navigation.
* new Audio engine:
* Support for high-resolution output (where the device supports it)
* new DSP, including updated Equalizer/Tone/Stereo expand, and the new Reverb/Tempo effects
* Unique DVC (Direct Volume Control), mode that allows powerful equalization/tone control with no sound distortion
* Internal 64bit processing
* New configurable per output Options
* New configurable Resampler and Dither options
* opus, tak, mka, dsd dsf/dff formats support
* seamless smoothing
* 30/50/100 volume levels (Settings/Audio/Advanced Tweaks)
* New UI:
* Visualizations (supporting.milk presets or spectrum)
* New “wave” seekbar that can also be static via Skin options
* Includes both light and dark skins, with Static Seekbar and Pro Buttons options
* Configurable notifications
* As previously mentioned, third-party skins can be purchased (v2 skins cannot be compatible).
* New navigation:
* Click or pull down the album art to access the current playlist
* As before, swipe album artwork for the next/previous song, drag more to category
Change (applicable also to the miniplayer at the bottom)
* Use the bottom miniplayer to switch tracks or return to main ui
* Swipe left/right to return quickly from lists
* pinch-zoom on lists
* Long press on the item to select it
– A 10+ band graphical equalizer that works with all supported formats. It can be used in both built-in or custom presets. Supported up to 32 bands
– Parametric equalizer mode, where each band can be added and configured individually
Separate powerful Treble and Bass adjustment
Stereo eXpansion, mono-mixing, balance, tempo control and system MusicFX are all possible (where the device supports it).
Compatible with Android Auto
– http streams m3u/pls
Direct Volume Control (DVC), a unique control that allows for greater dynamic range and deep bass.
Plays songs from folders or from your own library
– dynamic queue
– Lyrics support, including lyrics search via plugin
Support for embedded and standalone.cue files
Support for m3u and m3u8, pls playlists, playlist import/exporting
Download missing album art
– artist images downloading
Play offers a variety of skins and visual themes that can be customized.
Widgets available in a variety of styles and with advanced customizations
Lock screen options
– Milkdrop compatible visualization support.
– Headset support, automatic Resume for headsets and/or BT connections
– tag editor
Audio info and detailed information about audio processing
High level of customization via setting
* Android Auto and Chromecast are trademarks owned by Google LLC.
The trial version includes 15 days of full-featured functionality. To purchase the full version, you can use the Buy option in Poweramp Settings or see Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Locker.
Common Questions/Answers to Poweramp
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include Poweramp v3?
Q. How do I disable visualization?
A. It is disabled by default. You can enable/disable it by clicking the first left button under the cover or in Settings/ Visualizations.
Q. Seekbar? What titles are on the cover? Other UI tweaks
A. Use settings / Look and Feel / Skin to adjust the built-in skin options.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library/playlists.
Q. Bluetooth can distort amplified basses.