VLC media player is an open-source multimedia player that can play most multimedia files, as well as devices and networks streaming protocols.
This is VLC media player port to Android(tm). VLC for Android supports all video and audio files. It can also play network streams and drives.
VLC for Android can play all audio formats. It includes a complete audio player with a database, an equalizer, filters and more.
VLC is free for all, it has no ads, in-app purchases, spying, and was developed by passionate volunteers. The source code for VLC is free.
VLC for Android(tm), which plays most local audio and video files, network streams (including adaptive streaming), as well as DVD ISOs. It is similar to the desktop version. It supports disk shares.
All formats are supported including MP4, MOV, AVI, MOV and Ogg. All codecs come with no additional downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext, and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android offers a media library that can store audio and video files and allows you to browse folders.
VLC supports multi-track audio and subtitles. VLC supports auto-rotation and aspect-ratio adjustments. It also allows you to use gestures to control volume and brightness.
It also contains a widget to control audio, which supports audio headsets control, cover artwork, and a complete library of audio media.
Access to these categories is required by VLC for Android
* Click “Photos/Media/Files” for all your media files:
* To access all media files stored on SD cards, click “Storage”.
* “Other” for network connections, volume changes, setting the ringtone and running on Android TV. See below for more details.
Permission Details :
* To read media files stored on your USB storage, it must “read the contents”.
* To allow file deletion and storage subtitles, it must “modify or remove the contents of your USB storage”.
* To open internet and network streams, it requires “full network accessibility”.
* You need to “prevent your phone from falling asleep” in order for it to stop your phone from falling asleep while you are watching a video.
* It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
* To change your audio ringtone, you will need to “modify system settings”.
* To monitor whether a device is connected, it needs to “view network connections”.
* To start the custom picture in-picture widget, it must “draw over other applications”.
* The controls must be vibrated to provide feedback.
* To set recommendations on the Android TV launcher screen it must be “run at startup”. This is only for Android TV devices.
* Voice search is only possible on Android TVs with the “microphone”.