You can listen to live audio from more than 7,000 scanners, NOAA weather stations, ham repeaters, air traffic and marine radios around the globe. To receive notifications whenever a scanner has over 2000 listeners, turn on notifications. This will allow you to find out about important events and breaking news.
* Locate scanners near you.
* See the top 50 scanners (those with the most listeners).
* New scanners are constantly being added to the view scanners.
* Add the scanners that you listen to most to your Favorites to have quick access.
* Search the directory by category (public safety or aviation, railroad, maritime, weather, etc.
* To be notified of major events (details below), turn on notifications
* Quick access to scanner radio widgets and shortcuts on your home screen.
You can receive a notification at any time:
*…any scanner that is in the directory has over 2000 listeners (configurable).
*…a scanner located within a specified distance from your location has more listeners than a set number.
*…a scanner has more listeners than a set number.
*…a Broadcastify alert has been posted for one your favorite stations.
*…a scanner located within a specified distance from you is added into the directory.
The notifications feature is a great tool to learn about breaking news events before it’s covered by the media.
Here are some benefits to upgrading to Scanner Radio Pro
* No advertisements
* All 6 themes colors are available.
* Push notifications sent in 5 minutes instead of 15 minutes
* Capability to record what you hear.
Broadcastify uses volunteers to provide the audio. This includes police, fire, police, 911 dispatch centers, and other emergency services. The audio is identical to what you would hear if you used your own police scanner.
You can also listen to the NYPD, FDNY and LAPD using the app. It is a good idea to listen to the ham radio “hurricanenet” scanners during hurricane season. These scanners contain information about weather conditions and damage reports as hurricanes or tropical storms approach or make landfall.
Are you interested in providing scanner radio audio to your local area? You will need a scanner radio, a computer and a cable to transfer the audio from your scanner to the computer. Once you have all that information, you can program the scanner for monitoring what you would like to make available from your local area (police dispatch channels and fire departments, 911 centres, ham radio repeaters or a NOAA meteor radio station). You can provide a feed that only contains fire or police if someone in your area provides a feed that includes both fire and police. Go to Broadcastify.com and click the Broadcast button. This will allow you to receive scanner audio in your area. You’ll be able to access all the audio archives of scanner feeds as a provider.
Scanner Radio was featured in:
* The “Amazing Android Apps for Dummies” book
Android Authority’s article “5 Best Police Scanning Apps for Android”
* The Droid Guy’s article “7 Best Police Scanner apps for Android”
* Tech Easier’s article “4 of the Best Android Police Scanner Apps”
The Scanner Radio app works well with the Pulse Point, Mobile Patrol, Weather, Hurricane Tracker and Breaking News apps.