Detox Me, the best healthy lifestyle guide, empowers you with simple research-based tips to reduce your exposure to toxic chemicals. There are many chemicals found in consumer products that can cause health problems such as asthma, thyroid disease, cancer, and developmental problems. Detox Me can help you make safer decisions, whether you’re looking for information on better dish soap, new sofas, or other cleaning products. This guide is more than just about what you buy. It also shows how small changes to your daily routine can lead you to better health.
We believe that knowledge is more than just power. It’s a prescription for prevention.
* More than 270 tips in six categories: Food and Drink; Clothing, Personal Care, Cleaning and Children. Smart Guides provide the top 10 tips for each category. Find out about the chemicals in your products, and how to avoid them.
* Use DIY recipes to replace toxic chemicals in commercial products with endocrine disruptors or other toxic substances with nontoxic, simple ingredients
* To find relevant tips, search for products in stores or scan product barcodes at home.
* Keep track of your progress by marking the tips you are using and those you are working on. Earn badges for taking action
* Receive reminders about tips
* Share your tips with family and friends
“A clever way of avoiding toxic chemicals in everyday products.” The Huffington Post
We welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions- email us at email@example.com to get in touch!
About Silent Spring Institute
Silent Spring Institute is a leading scientific research institution devoted to discovering the connection between chemicals in our daily environment and women’s health. It is located in Newton, Massachusetts. The institute was founded in 1994 and is currently developing new tools to help accelerate the transition to safer chemicals. It also works to translate its science into policies to protect the health of the public. Visit www.silentspring.org or follow us @SilentSpringIns